Thursday 2 August 2018

Choc Coco Bliss Balls



How many of you are guilty of reaching for the chocolate stash when you hit that 2pm dip at work or when you’re trying to ‘Netflix and chill’? I’m certainly at the top of that list! I was never a chocolate lover growing up but I’ve been finding myself more often than not reaching for the occasional Bounty or Kit Kat; and I’ve realised that I need healthier alternatives to satisfy my cravings while being kind to the waistline. Now Bliss Balls are inundated in the market with so many different brands and flavours to choose from however they can be quite costly. I used to buy a packet of 3 for about $7.00 which isn’t the cheapest of deals so I thought to recreate these healthy treats at home. I also used staple ingredients which most of you probably have lying around in your pantry too!

Ingredients:

7-8 medjool dates pitted (Main source of sweetness, amount can be adjusted according to desired taste)
4 weetbix, crushed
½ cup desiccated coconut
½ cup raw almonds, crushed
3 tbsp organic coconut oil
1 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tbsp raw honey
1 tsp vanilla extract

Method:

Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend until everything is well combined. The mixture should be wet enough to roll into desired shape. If the mixture is too dry, add more coconut oil. And if the mixture is too wet, add more of the dry ingredients. Roll into desired shape and sprinkle desiccated coconut to coat. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment