Tuesday 10 July 2018

Vietnamese Style Chicken Roll



You've probably already picked up from my feed and recipes that I don't shy away from eating all things that are bad for your waistline. I don't discriminate against potato and will inhale it in any form or shape! And fried chicken would definitely be my last meal on Earth if I could choose. But in saying that, sometimes your body just needs something fresh and light. And I've recently rediscovered my love for fitness and gym so I am consciously trying to make healthier food choices. So this meal was very spontaneous; The both of us were working longer than normal hours that week and needed something easy for dinner. We had a lot of veggies in the fridge waiting to be used up so I started thinking of all the things that I could make. I just so happened to remember this Vietnamese style chicken roll my husband made a few months ago (Yes! He made it first) and thought why not try this again! It will definitely remind you of a 'banh mi' but please forgive me for what you're about to read next... I have never tried an authentic Banh Mi. And this is solely because of the lack of halal Vietnamese food spots in Sydney. (I am still on a hunt so please do tell if you know a good spot) But my husband assures me that this is almost like the real deal. Follow the steps below to assemble your  very own fresh, light and easy homemade banh mi!

Ingredients

Vietnamese buns (We used a pack of 6)
Lilydale whole roast chicken, shredded
Woolworths Thai style salad kit
1 cucumber, thinly sliced
2 Asian red chillies, sliced lengthways
6 individual spring onion stalks
6 individual coriander strands 
Spread and sauces of your choice such as mayonnaise, bbq, sweet chilli. 

Method

Assemble your homemade banh mi by spreading mayo/butter on the insides on the Vietnamese bun. Place the ready to use Thai salad on the bottom of the bun, followed by shredded chicken, cucumber, spring onion, coriander and chillies. Top with your choice of sauce and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment