Tuesday 13 February 2018

Summer Steak & Salad Wrap


Every time I have wraps on the dinner menu, I start cheering because of how delicious, quick and easy they are! Wraps are a perfect weeknight meal; I managed to have this on the dinner table by 7:30pm (After my long daily commute home, an hour workout session and a quick tidy up of the house) Rant aside but the moral of the story is that if I can manage to make this, so can you! Like my previous recipes, this steak and salad wrap doesn't take much at all.


I used diced steak for the wraps and cooked it in Old El Paso's Fajita Mix. You can find it at your local supermarket, I get mine from Woolworths. It's a dry seasoning and adds the perfect amount of flavour and spice. I did have to add some extra water for the steak to be tender; they were quite chunky so they took slightly longer to cook. But while your steak is cooking, you can prepare your choice of vegetables. I had a coleslaw kit lying around in my fridge which needed to be used so I added that to the wrap too.You can change the vegetables that you decide to use. Below is just a list of exactly what I had.

Ingredients

Diced steak (I used 700g)
Old El Paso Fajita Spice Mix 40g
4 Soft Tortilla Wraps
3-4 cloves of garlic
1 teaspoon crushed ginger 
Shredded lettuce (I used oakleaf green lettuce, iceberg will also do!)
1 sliced red capsicum
1 sliced red onion
Coleslaw kit (From Woolworths)
Choice of sauces to serve (BBQ, Sweet Chilli, Chilli, Garlic Aioli)
2-3 tablespoons of oil
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste

Method

Prepare your steak by washing and drying as per normal. Heat the oil in a pan and add the garlic and ginger. Brown for a couple of minutes and add the steak. Mix well and add the Fajita seasoning mix. I only used half of the 40g packet as I find it to be quite strong. Once added, mix well and turn the heat to medium. The steak will produce water and once that completely dries, test the steak to see if it is cooked to your liking. At this point, my steak was still quite tough so I added a few cups of water to cook the steak a little longer. Season with salt and pepper if necessary. I find the flavour in the Fajita seasoning mix to be fine for me.

While the steak is cooking, you can prepare your vegetables. There is no correct way to prepare the vegetables, you can shred/dice/chop as you like. (I placed them all on a big platter to avoid multiple dishes to wash - Ha!) Once the steak is cooked to your liking (I like mine dry with no excess water), you can warm up your tortilla wrap in the microwave or pan if you like. Fill your wrap with your desired vegetables, top with cooked steak and sauces. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment