Wednesday 14 October 2020

Lotus Biscoff Mousse

 


I finally joined the Lotus Biscoff bandwagon! The hype around this just isn't dying down so I thought to try it myself and let me tell you, I am an addict. I spooned a heap of spread to taste it. Then again. And again. To a point where I had to stop otherwise I wouldn't have enough for the mousse. I totally get it now! 

This three ingredient mousse is light, airy, easy and delicious! All you need is a jar of the smooth biscoff spread, about 12 biscuits and some double cream and you're good to go. This recipe makes two coffee mug sized portions or about four smaller dessert cups. I didn't have any dessert cups on hand so I opted for the giant size and no, I'm not sharing. Also there were only 3 packets of biscuits left at the supermarket so if you're planning to make this for a crowd, I recommend you get in early or order online. 



Serves: 2 coffee mug sized portions
Ready in: 15 minutes prep | 2 hours chill time 
Difficulty: 

Ingredients 

12 biscoff biscuits
6 tablespoons biscoff smooth spread 
200ml double cream 

Method 

Crush 10 biscuits in a food processor until crumbly. Alternatively place biscuits in a zip lock bag and crush with a rolling pin. Reserve 2 tablespoons of crumbs for garnish. 

Place spread in a bowl and melt in the microwave for 20-30 seconds until smooth. Allow to cool slightly. 

Using an electric mixer, beat cream until soft peaks form. Fold in 3 tablespoons of melted spread. 

Place mousse in a piping bag and cut the end off. Start to assemble the mousse in the following order: Crumbs, mousse, crumbs, mousse. Top the last layer of mousse with remaining spread. 

Garnish with whole biscuit and remaining crumbs. Place in the fridge for a minimum of 2 hours before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment