Thursday 18 June 2020

Masala Eggplant Chips


If you loved my masala potato chips recipe, you will definitely love this eggplant version. I can't remember the last time I ate masala eggplant chips but the smells instantly took me back to my childhood. 

Please note that these chips do not reheat well in the air fryer as they are super thin! I ended up burning a batch when I was re-heating them for my husband and had to make a completely new batch. Good thing it only takes 15 minutes or so! 

Serves: 2
Ready in: 15 minutes
Difficulty: ★

Ingredients

1 medium-sized eggplant, horizontally sliced 
1 stem of curry leaves, finely sliced
1 tsp chilli flakes
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
1/2 tsp curry powder 
1/2 tsp turmeric
1 tsp chickpea flour 
1/2 tsp water
Salt to taste
Oil for deep frying 

Method

Heat a large pan over medium heat with enough oil to deep fry. 

Place eggplant slices in a wide bowl, ensuring the slices do not overlap. Add curry leaves, chilli flakes, paprika, Kashmiri chilli powder, curry powder, turmeric, salt and mix using your hands. Add water followed by chickpea flour, tossing the bowl to combine. 

Test oil with one slice of eggplant and once sizzling, deep fry all the eggplant in small batches until crispy and golden in colour. 

Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve while warm and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment