Thursday 18 June 2020

Cheats Papdi Chaat


By now you must be privy to the fact that I LOVE Indian street food. It's my favourite cuisine in the whole wide world and I could live off it forever. One of the last Iftar's that I made in Ramadan was papdi chaat accompanied by some pakoras and piping hot masala tea. Although the pakoras were store bought, I'll definitely be doing a quick recipe tutorial on my much loved masala tea. 

I call this recipe 'cheats' because majority of the items are store bought including the papdi's and sauces. The only thing you need to make is the filling and I opted for classic potatoes. Simply boil the potatoes until cooked through then arrange as you fancy. This is a wonderful appetiser to an Indian meal or can be simply enjoyed as afternoon tea. 


Serves: 2
Ready in: 20 minutes
Difficulty: ★

Ingredients 

1 packet of papdis (ready made)
1 large potato, cubed and boiled 
1/2 medium sized red onion, finely sliced 
3-4 tsp plain yoghurt 
1/4 bunch coriander, finely sliced 
1 tsp cumin powder 
1 tsp cayenne pepper 
Tamarind chutney
Mint chutney 

Method 

To assemble your papdi chaat, lay papdi's in a single layer then top with potatoes followed by yoghurt, onions, coriander, mint chutney, tamarind chutney, cumin powder and cayenne pepper. Serve immediately and enjoy! 

Notes 

Ready made papdi's and chutneys will be available at your local Indian grocer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment