Thursday 14 May 2020

Carrot, chickpea, mushroom & coriander fritters


Sometimes I struggle to eat my vegetables. Some people genuinely love the taste of greens but I'm not one of them and I'm always on the hunt for exciting ways to increase my veggie intake. Recently we've been eating a lot of fried foods and I wanted a clean snack for Iftaar which was delicious but also low in calorie and oil. My pantry is always stocked with chickpeas and I also had a few vegetables going off so I decided to mix them all together and make some fritters! 


Makes: 10 Fritters  
Ready in: 25 minutes
Difficulty: ★

Ingredients 

1 can chickpeas (Washed, drained and mashed)
1 cup shredded carrots 
1/2 cup diced mushrooms
1 bunch coriander, chopped 
1/3 cup chickpea flour (Alternatively use plain flour)
1/4 cup water 
1 tsp chilli flakes (optional)
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste 
Few tbsp oil to shallow fry

Method 

In a large bowl combine chickpeas, carrots, mushrooms, coriander, chilli flakes, salt and pepper. Stir to combine then gradually add water and chickpea flour until a thick batter forms. 

Use an ice cream scoop as a measure and start to form patties. 

Heat oil in a medium sized pan and add patties. Cook on medium-low heat until brown in colour and crust starts to form then flip and cook the other side.

Remove from pan and serve while warm. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment