Tuesday 8 January 2019

Gulab Jamun Cheesecake!



Hooray! Here it is! My most requested no bake Gulab Jamun Cheesecake recipe. I saw this mind boggling recipe first on Pinterest when I was researching some cake ideas for my dear husband’s birthday back in November and I knew instantly that he would love it. I was also blown away by the fact that such a fusion dessert had existed for years! Thank you to the ‘OG’ chef for putting this magical thing together, it is totally life changing.


I remember flicking through many different recipes of this cheesecake on Pinterest and the internet but got flustered with my lack of experience with paneer and hung yoghurt in desserts. The traditional Gulab Jamun Cheesecake uses a lot of Indian ingredients and because I was rushed for time, I instead decided to chuck together everything I had in my fridge to create the cheese filling. And the result was YUM. I controlled the sugar in the cheese filling by putting less condensed milk because I knew the delicious Haldiram Gulab Jamun’s would cater for that. You can create your own Gulab Jamun’s too if you’ve got some time handy!




Ingredients

For the biscuit base:
Buttersnap biscuits x2 packets
150g melted butter

For the filling:
Haldiram Gulab Jamun x2 tins
750g cream cheese
3/4 can sweetened condensed milk
Juice of ¾ large lemon
1 tsp vanilla extract

Decoration:
3 whole Gulab Jamun’s
Crushed pistachios
Saffron strands

Method:

Crush biscuits using a food processor or rolling pin until you have fine crumbs. Pour melted butter over crumbs and mix together until the texture resembles wet sand. Press crumbs into a prepared spring form cake tin.

In a bowl, beat cream cheese on medium speed until light and fluffy and then gradually add all the other ingredients for the filling. You can add more condensed milk to the mixture if you prefer a sweeter cheese filling.

If using store bought Gulab Jamun’s, remove them from the tin and drain the syrup. Place Gulab Jamun’s over the biscuit base evenly and reserve a few for decoration.

Pour the cheese filling over the Gulab Jamun and smooth the top with a spatula. Cover the top of the tin with cling wrap and place in the fridge overnight.

Once the cheesecake has set, unclip the spring form tin and place cheesecake on desired serving platter or cake stand. Place the reserved Gulab Jamun, crushed pistachios and saffron strands on top for decoration.

If cheesecake will be served later, place back into the fridge and remove 30 minutes before serving. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment